Healthcare Management, LLC (HCM) values the privacy and confidentiality of information received while conducting our service. We take a serious approach to our responsibility of protecting that information and as such maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to guard nonpublic personal information and to comply with federal and state laws. In addition, we regularly review our policies and practices, monitor our computer networks, and test the strength of our security.
HOW PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
- From clients through email, fax, phone, electronic transmission and written correspondence.
- From our consumers through website traffic, email, fax, phone and written correspondence.
- From companies and individuals through email, fax, phone and written correspondence.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
Information collected may include the following: name, address, online statistics, email address, telephone numbers, account number, social security number, financial information, copies of documents, or other forms as required. HCM may also legally obtain access to public records, including court filings or tax data.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We use personal information to assist in our efforts to recover outstanding receivables for our customers.
OUR PRIVACY PRINCIPLES
- We do not sell personal information.
- We do not use personal information for marketing purposes.
- We do not allow those who are doing business on our behalf to use our consumer information for their own marketing purposes.
- We do not provide personal information to anyone other than the intended party or HCM Business Associates as needed to administer service.
- We do not share personal information with any external party or anyone within HCM, unless they are authorized, permitted or required to have such information in order to perform their job responsibilities.
SAFEGUARDS TO PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We maintain physical, electronic, and organizational safeguards to protect consumer information. We continually review our policies and practices, monitor our computer networks, and test our security to ensure the safety of consumer information.
HCM maintains the following policies and procedures:
- System Lockdown of servers during initial installation and configuration.
- Background Screening of all personnel and ongoing systems security training.
- Use of confidentiality agreements for all employees and independent contractors.
- Restricted access to authorized personnel, who have a bona-fide business reason.
- Intrusion detection policy to prevent unauthorized access.
- Encrypted email
- Password policy
DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES:
HCM does not disclose nonpublic information supplied by customers to anyone, except as permitted by law or authorized by the consumer. We are committed to protecting our customer’s information, including information covered under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and the Gramm Leach Bliley Act (GLBA). Under HIPAA we protect our customers’ Protected Health Information (PHI) and under GLBA we protect our customers’ Non-Public Personal Information. From time to time HCM may disclose personal information to authorized third parties, such as law firms or payment processing companies, for the sole purpose of collecting a debt or processing a payment. HCM has no direct control over the privacy policies or procedures of third parties, and is not responsible for such policies and procedures.
In the event any misuse of information is discovered or reported by any 3rd party for which HCM provided information, we will take the necessary steps to correct the incident. We will immediately notify all parties involved as well as provide details on the action taken to correct the incident.
Our Sites may use “cookies” to improve our level of service to you. Cookies are text transmitted to your browser when you click on a site. Your browser stores the text on your hard drive and when you return to that site, it is transmitted back to the server that originally sent it to you. Cookies provide a way for a server to recall a previous request or registration, or keep track of a transaction as it progresses, so that information does not have to be repeated. To be notified when you are about to receive a cookie, you can configure your browser to alert you when a site is attempting to send you a cookie and at that time you will have the option of refusing the cookie. If you choose to disable these cookies, some or all of the functionality of our Sites may be unavailable to you.
ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
Individuals have the right to review, update, and correct any of your personal information. Please direct all inquiries by phone at 877-254-1349.